Prof. Dr. Alexander Wolff
- lecture Algorithms and Data Structures (bachelor course, 1. semester)
- lecture Computational Geometry (master course)
- seminar Graph Visualization (for bachelor and master students)
- Graph Drawing
- Geometric Networks
- Computational Geometry
- Algorithms for Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Graph Algorithms
Work in Committees
- organizing committee chair of the conference GD 2014
- program co-chair of the conference GD 2013 (with Stephen Wismath)
- program committees of the conferences ESA (2013), ISAAC (2014, 2011, 2006), GD (2015, 2013, 2012, 2006), PacificVis (2013, 2012, 2011), SoCG Video/MM track (2012), AGILE (2010, 2009), Gene&MR (2011, 2010)
- 2011–15 steering committee of the European Symposia on Algorithms (ESA)
- 2012–17 steering committee of the International Symposia on Graph Drawing (GD)
- 2011–15 faculty council of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Würzburg
- since 2015:
dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
vice dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
managing director of the Institute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- since 2009:
chair of Efficient Algorithms and Knowledge Based Systems at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
Nöllenburg, M., Wolff, A.: Drawing and Labeling High-Quality Metro Maps by Mixed-Integer Programming. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 17, 626--641 (2011).
Rutter, I., Wolff, A.: Computing Large Matchings Fast. ACM Transactions on Algorithms. 7, (2010).
Erlebach, T., Hagerup, T., Jansen, K., Minzlaff, M., Wolff, A.: Trimming of Graphs, with Application to Point Labeling. Theory of Computing Systems. 47, 613--636 (2010).
Goaoc, X., Kratochvíl, J., Okamoto, Y., Shin, C.-S., Spillner, A., Wolff, A.: Untangling a Planar Graph. Discrete Computational Geometry. 42, 542--569 (2009).
Nöllenburg, M., Merrick, D., Wolff, A., Benkert, M.: Morphing Polylines: A Step Towards Continuous Generalization. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. 32, 248--260 (2008).
van Kreveld, M., Strijk, T., Wolff, A.: Point Labeling with Sliding Labels. Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications. 13, 21--47 (1999).