Prof. Dr. Alexander Wolff
- lecture Algorithms and Data Structures (bachelor course, 1. semester)
- lecture Computational Geometry (master course)
- seminar Visualization of Geographic Networks (for bachelor and master students)
- Graph Drawing
- Geometric Networks
- Computational Geometry
- Algorithms for Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Graph Algorithms
Work in Committees
- organizing committee chair of the conference GD 2014
- program co-chair of the conference GD 2013 (with Stephen Wismath)
- program committees of the conferences ESA (2013), ISAAC (2014, 2011, 2006), GD (2015, 2013, 2012, 2006), PacificVis (2013, 2012, 2011), SoCG Video/MM track (2012), AGILE (2010, 2009), Gene&MR (2011, 2010)
- 2011–15 steering committee of the European Symposia on Algorithms (ESA)
- 2012–17 steering committee of the International Symposia on Graph Drawing (GD)
- 2011–15 faculty council of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Würzburg
- since 2013
vice dean of the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
managing director of the Institute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- since 2009
chair of Efficient Algorithms and Knowledge Based Systems at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Würzburg
Nöllenburg, M., Wolff, A.: Drawing and Labeling High-Quality Metro Maps by Mixed-Integer Programming. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. 17, 626--641 (2011).
Rutter, I., Wolff, A.: Computing Large Matchings Fast. ACM Transactions on Algorithms. 7, (2010).
Erlebach, T., Hagerup, T., Jansen, K., Minzlaff, M., Wolff, A.: Trimming of Graphs, with Application to Point Labeling. Theory of Computing Systems. 47, 613--636 (2010).
Goaoc, X., Kratochv\'il, J., Okamoto, Y., Shin, C.-S., Spillner, A., Wolff, A.: Untangling a Planar Graph. Discrete Computational Geometry. 42, 542--569 (2009).
Merrick, D., Nöllenburg, M., Wolff, A., Benkert, M.: Morphing Polylines: A Step Towards Continuous Generalization. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems. 32, 248--260 (2008).
van Kreveld, M., Strijk, T., Wolff, A.: Point Labeling with Sliding Labels. Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications. 13, 21--47 (1999).