Priv.-Doz. Dr. habil. Joachim Spoerhase
Lehrstuhl für Informatik I
Tel.: +49 (0) 931-31-84943
Fax: +49 (0) 931-31-825200
- approximation algorithms
- combinatorial optimization
- clustering and location
- network design
- graph algorithms
- DFG research project on "Approximation algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems with packing constraints" (SP 1468/3-1) for a three-year postdoc position
Work in Committees
- since August, 2018: Research fellow at the Department of Computer Science, Aalto University, Finland
- since October 2017: Research associate (Akademischer Oberrat, A14) at Chair for Computer Science I, University of Würzburg (currently on a research leave)
- July 2017: Habilitation at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- April 2017 - September 2017: Employment as postdoc at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Wrocław
- July 2015 – March 2017: Research associate (Akademischer Rat, A13) at Chair for Computer Science I, University of Würzburg
- February 2015 - June 2015: Employment as postdoc at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Wrocław
- August 2010 – January 2015: Research associate (Akademischer Rat, A13) at Chair for Computer Science I, University of Würzburg
- June 2010: PhD in Computer Science, University of Würzburg
- July 2006 – August 2010: research assistant at Chair for Computer Science I, University of Würzburg
- till July 2006: studies of computer science at Universität Würzburg
Das, A., Fleszar, K., Kobourov, S., Spoerhase, J., Veeramoni, S., Wolff, A.: Approximating the Generalized Minimum Manhattan Network Problem. Algorithmica. 80, 1170--1190 (2018).
Byrka, J., Sornat, K., Spoerhase, J.: Constant-Factor Approximation for Ordered k-Median. Proc. 50th Annual ACM Symposium on the Theory of Computing (STOC'18). p. 620--631 (2018).
Fleszar, K., Mnich, M., Spoerhase, J.: New Algorithms for Maximum Disjoint Paths Based on Tree-Likeness. Mathematical Programming. 171, 433--461 (2018).
Byrka, J., Fleszar, K., Rybicki, B., Spoerhase, J.: Bi-Factor Approximation Algorithms for Hard Capacitated k-Median Problems. Proc. ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA'15) (2015).
Spoerhase, J., Wirth, H.-C.: Relaxed Voting and Competitive Location under Monotonous Gain Functions on Trees. Discrete Applied Mathematics. 158, 361--373 (2010).
Spoerhase, J., Wirth, H.-C.: (r,p)-Centroid problems on Paths and Trees. Theoretical Computer Science. 410, 5128--5137 (2009).