SPP VGI Kick-off Meeting 2016
Nov. 17 (Thu) to Nov. 18 (Fri), Universität Würzburg
stay tuned for more information.
Travel Information and Accommodation
The SPP VGI Kick-off Meeting 2016 will take place in the Computer Science Building (M2) and in the Central Lecture Hall and Seminar Building (Z6), both on the campus Hubland South of the University of Würzburg:
Thu, 13:00–17:30, Room ÜR I, Informatikgebäude (M2)
Fri, 8:30–15:00, Room 2.010, Zentrales Hörsaal- und Seminargebäude (Z6)
To get from downtown to the Hubland South campus, use bus line 14 to "Am Hubland" (direction "Gerbrunn"), bus line 114 to "Universitätszentrum" or bus line 214 to "Hubland/Mensa". You can get onto any of them at "Hauptbahnhof" and "Barbarossaplatz". The bus ride takes roughly 15 minutes. You can see the bus stops and routes on the map below.
Hotel rooms in Würzburg are already hard to come by for the relevant night, so we strongly recommend that you reserve a room as soon as possible. We recommend the following hotels, all located near downtown bus stop Barbarossaplatz:
- Hotel Poppular, Textorstr. 17, contact us for reduced rate (first come, first serve; limited number of places guaranteed before September 1st).
- Hotel Zur Stadt Mainz, Semmelstr. 39, contact us for reduced rate (first come, first serve; no guarantees at all)
- Hotel Würzburger Hof, Barbarossaplatz 2, +49 931 53814
- Hotel Franziskaner, Franziskanerplatz 2, +49 931 35630
- Hotel Strauss, Juliuspromenade 5, +49 931 30570
On November 17, we will have a joint dinner at the Ratskeller restaurant (downtown) at 19:00. (This leaves time to stop by the hotel after the workshop, but possibly not to check in.)
The position of the hotels and the restaurant are also indicated in the map below. If you have some spare time for sightseeing before or after the workshop, we have a list of nearby sights.